A Faster and More Comfortable Post-Hospitalization Recovery
One of the top causes of hospital re-admission or delayed recovery following a hospitalization is insufficient support or the lack of personalized care. If you or a loved one has recently been hospitalized or is scheduled for an upcoming surgery or procedure, you may find the experience of sorting post-hospitalization care to be challenging. At Home Care Assistance, we are committed to reducing avoidable hospital re-admissions and making the transition back to home, following a hospitalization, as seamless as possible. Our specialized post-hospitalization care promotes a faster recovery period for our clients and provides peace of mind for their loved ones.
Specialized Post-Hospitalization Care Allows a Seamless Transition Back to Home
The days and weeks immediately after discharge from the hospital is a critical time for patients. With our specialized post-hospitalization care, a caregiver is present before discharge to ensure a smooth transition from the hospital to the home and to assist with a wide range of daily tasks. Assistance with activities of daily living allow individuals in recovery to focus on getting well and achieving their optimal quality of life.
Our post hospital care services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a nutritious diet, physical exercise and social interaction
- Completing household chores like cleaning, laundry and dishes
- Creating a positive and supportive environment for recovery
- Personal hygiene assistance with grooming, bathing and toileting
- Assistance with walking and wheelchair and bed transfers
Avoid Hospital Re-Admittance with Post-Hospital Care
35% of seniors are re-admitted to the hospital after only 90 days of being discharged, usually because they did not follow the instructions for medication and treatment or missed a follow up appointment. In addition to assistance with daily activities, our specialized post-hospital care helps our clients avoid re-admission through the following ways:
- Personalized recovery plan tailored to the patient’s care needs
- Support our clients in therapy exercises
- Transportation for follow-up appointments
- Provide a balanced diet and healthy meal preparation to promote total health
We know that each client is unique. Our caregiver coordinates with our client, their family, physicians and pharmacists to create a personalized post-hospitalization care plan. Call (972) 722-7833 to speak with a Care Manager today and experience a faster and more comfortable post-hospital recovery for you or a loved one.